Wednesday, March 25, 2009

how things change

My last entry here I was at a real difficult moment. I was at the end of my financial rope and had no idea how I was going to pay the bills in a few weeks. So things here are still a bit scary. I am out of money the checking account is overdrawn. However the life of a freelance photographer. my phone rang on Monday I got a booking for a new project on Friday and if that goes well. I will win a much much bigger piece of business. Also Monday i got another project i didn't expect to get. I had done a estimate for a client who nickel and dimed the estimate down so low I couldn't take the job. He claimed he had someone else who could do it for a price I could not/ would not meet. 
It was 500.00 less than what it would have cost me to do the job. So I sent a email essentially saying I don't know how a competent photographer could do the job explaining the time and cost involved in the project. I thought I would never hear from them again. And I got the project it pays to stick to your guns and say what you think. So just at the very very last minute i was saved by the bell. 
My other problems however are still here. I really really want a partner a real relationship but i have too much to work out right now so what i really need is a FWB. I have never really had that nor do I know how to find it...... so I am stuck with my frustration.
Oh and than the problem with being a facebook friend with your ex is having to look at pictures of her on a weekend ski trip with her new BF. After 4 years it still hurts....fyi The Cure song that goes " I will always love you" just came on itunes not what i want to hear right now.

2 comments:

  1. Found you off Sexie Sadie. Anything having to do with bicycles catches my interest, plus you were on Sadies blog.

    My first true comment: Not knowing your relationship with your ex I would recommend dropping your ex on FB. If it still hurts, it's time to let it go. I remember the pain when I first got divorced with two young kids. It's three years I don't like to remember.

    I'll be checking on ya. Stay Strong

    ReplyDelete